How we help children
The William W. Barnes Children's Advocacy Center, Inc. provides a safe and
facility for coordinated intervention in child abuse cases.
The Center promotes collaboration
Child Protection Services
Mental Health professionals
The Center provides on-site forensic interviews, medical examinations, mental
health treatment, and victim and non-offending parent advocacy for suspected
victims of abuse and neglect.
- Reduced trauma to the child victim
- Children receive prompt treatment that is tailored to meet their specific
- More effective decisions are made by sharing professional knowledge and
- Non-offending parents are empowered to protect their children
- Allegations of child abuse are more thoroughly investigated
- The community is better educated about the problem of child abuse
- The community is better able to identify gaps in the system and is
empowered to develop more resources
receive our e-newsletter, click here.